Ever since the rise and boom of Facebook in 2012, social media has become the home of many persons. People tend to use social media platforms 24/7 for various reasons. As a result of this, many other social media platforms have evolved such as; Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Skype, etc. With all these, social media has become a big market with many openings.
However, in order to use social media to grow your business/company and impose your presence effectively, you’ll need to make use of best practices in carrying out marketing using the social media.
1. SET A GOAL/OBJECTIVE
To make your digital presence more beneficial, you should have a goal/objective in mind. Your objective should be SMART and align with your company’s overall goal. Note that with social media marketing, you can accomplish lots of objectives which lead to your overall goal completion.
2.SELECT THE RIGHT NETWORK
Each social media platform has its particularity thus; you should know which one works best for you depending on your goal\objective.
- Facebook; is the largest with over 2billion users and is very good for awareness, leads generation, build relationship and manage community effectively.
- LinkedIn; is a professional platform for B2B and B2C transactions. It’s good in creating trust, building authority and engaging audience. It’s also good in improving your skills by connecting with people in the same sphere as you.
- Twitter; is a micro blogging platform, good for short messaging and immediacy. It is good for businesses with audience less than 50 and is ideal for time-sensitive information.
- Pinterest; is a fantastic social media platform for businesses with visual appeal for it’s a photo sharing platform. It is good for businesses like; photography, art, events, fashion, restaurant, etc.
3. COME UP WITH A STRATEGY
Haven defined your goal/objective you’ll need a strategy [plan] to work and guide you through out the journey. You could start with a team which you will define their roles and responsibilities accurately, for teamwork lead to better growth. Fix your posting frequency and create a content calendar. Such things should be well defined in your strategy for it is your way to digital success.
4. CREATE CONTENT WITH YOUR AUDIENCE IN MIND
The reason for your social presence is for your audience [customers, clients, prospects] Therefore, every content you create should be high quality and relevant to your audience. Thus your content should be based on their needs and interests. Also to have engaging content; prioritize images, videos, and other visual content cause these are popular among all audiences.
5. CHOOSE TOOLS TO AUTOMATE POSTS
Staying active in social media requires time and dedication. Thanks to marketing automation, your marketing action can be scheduled to run months ahead. Some tools that permit you automate in social media marketing include; Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social, BuzzSumo. These save you time and permit you monitor your network engagement.
6. ACTIVELY ENGAGE WITH YOUR AUDIENCE
Content is the ultimate in social media marketing, but it’s not enough to post and go. Social media is about connection and building relationship, the only way to do this, is to engage with your audience. You can actively engage with your audience via comments, sharing, participating in conversations, sharing user generated content, asking and answering questions, etc.
7. MINIMIZE YOUR SELLING TIME
Even though social selling is a practice in social media, it is recommended to keep selling at 20%, while the remaining 80% is dedicated to sharing content to meet the needs of your audience. The main use of social media is to drive growth through communication and engagement not selling.
8. MAINTAIN A CONSTANT PRESENCE
Social media is not a one and done deal. It requires time and patience to cultivate the appealing presence. Thus you’ll need to be frequently online to respond to comments, questions and interact with your community.
In regards to posting frequency, it depends on the platform for instance: 11pins a day is magic for Pinterest, 1post a day or 5posts a week is ideal for Facebook and LinkedIn while a post as often as the topic changes is good for Twitter.
9. HAVE A CONSISTENT VOICE WITH YOUR AUDIENCE
That is, every post you make should be in line with your brand and image for it is very crucial and ideal for brand building and recognition. Therefore, in order to have a consistent voice with your community, limit the number of persons who post in your social media platforms. This is to ensure a unique and consistent content posting; for many persons can post content out of your brand.
10. MONITOR YOUR PRESENCE THROUGH THE RIGHT METRICS
Social media evolves at all times and its users increase every hour. Thus it is better to define your goals, know your audience and pick the right sites based on your goal. Your goal maybe to; creates awareness, engagement, and conversion, drive traffic or makes sales.
Thus, depending on your objective, choose the right platform which will permit you measure your performance accurately.